New Yorker Breakfast Sandwich
Smoked & Stacked, Washington D.C.
For me, cooking is really a way to bring people together. Everyone has to eat and it’s kind of like a universal language."
- Milk Bread: Milk, Eggs, Brown Sugar, Flour, Butter and Yeast
- Comte cheese
- Pastrami: Brisket brined for two weeks, rubbed in a special spice blend, smoked and cooked low for 2.5 hours
- One egg
- Melt 1 slice of cheese onto two slices of pastrami in an oven
- Melt butter in a small pan
- Cook egg over easy with salt and pepper
- Spread pepper jelly on both sides of milk bread
- Stack egg on top of pastrami and cheese